Friday, October 16, 2009

Off we go...

Well, here we go.

All this is new to me, but I have been encouraged by my family, primarily my daughter, who is a fairly senior Air Force officer (no pride there!) to start writing it all down. Fifty years of fishing (pretty much all saltwater) and flying (seven years a Navy pilot and 34 years with a major U.S. airline, and still flying my own floatplane in the Alaska coastal bush) all done pretty much concurrently. There ought to be something in there that would interest somebody. So...off we go into the wild blue yonder!

Topics will be all over the map, whatever I feel like at the moment, or whatever you, the readers would like to hear if you give me your feedback. I have written several articles for fishing and outdoor magazines in the past, but one that I have always wanted to write is the subject of "How to Get the Most out of Your Guide." We'll work on that one somewhere along the line, probably in installments. I don't have a lot of free time. I'm not retired yet even though I am seventy years old. I still run one of the top fishing lodges in SE Alaska and it is a full-time job.

Stay tuned if you're interested, and give me some feedback. I'd hate to be taking the time to do this if no one is listening.

Fish on!

Captain Mac

1 comment:

  1. Nice fish and a great story Captian Mac, and Patty. Patty,that is one nice Halibut.

    Happy Holidays to both of you.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete