Saturday, October 17, 2009

Winterizing the Lodge





I've been in KTN (Ketchikan) for the past week doing business and tidying up loose ends after our season ended in mid-September. Tomorrow I will take the Show Girl, (one of our six charterboats assigned to the Lodge and the one that I consider "my" boat), and go back out to our home at the Lodge on Prince of Wales Island, about 25 miles to the west of KTN across Clarence Strait. Although it is a partially protected portion of the beautiful "Inside Passage" Clarence Strait can get nasty, especially during the winter months. I have a weather window that will allow the trip in relatively calm conditions.

There is still some unfinished winterizing to do out at the Lodge, including bringing the airplane back to KTN for servicing, and a few other odds and ends that I need to take care of before we head off on vacation for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a nice but you have Patty! I want to hear the rest of the story! How big? How did you two get this big fish into the boat?

    ReplyDelete